When you start to create an eBook there are a few questions to ask yourself. These questions will help you decide a plan and course of action to take to get the eBook finished.
- What will be the title of your eBook and will it have a subtitle? The title and keywords are a very important step if you want to get your Ebook off on to the right start.
- Who will be your eBooks’ target audience and is there enough interest in your topic or niche?
- What benefits does your eBook supply to your target audience?
- Will you set up a website to promote the eBook?
- Will you be the only author or will there be other co-authors? Some eBooks have been assembled by asking other authors to contribute related articles to the ebook project. This is a good option if you have limited time or are using the eBook as a promotional tool.
- How many pages will your ebook be and will you include an appendix and index? An index will make finding chapters easier, which is good if the book is technical or instructional.
- Will your ebook contain graphics, pictures or charts? This is also the time to consider the eBook cover and its graphics. Will you do the work yourself or hire the work to be done? At this point make sure any graphic, artwork or photos are royalty free or that you have a user license.
- What file formats will your eBook be available in; text, pdf, exe, html, CD or video?
- Will your eBook be sold as a product or will your eBook be used as a promotional tool for a website or business?
- Will you include an eCourse to entice people to look at your eBook? An eCourse will create interest, buzz about the book and also will build up a mailing list.
- Will you offer a guarantee and testimonials to read? This is an important step in creating the sales page.
- Will you let your protential buyers read free sample chapters or excerpts to entice them to purchase the eBook?
- What type of payment options will you accept for the ebook? Click Bank and PayPal seem to be the easiest to set up for the new eBook publisher.
- Do you have an auto responder for delivery of the product?
- Will you be selling the reprint rights to your eBook? And if so, will it be a PLR or MRR? What will you use to create your own PDF? I recommend Open Office for making PDF’s. It’s easy to use and free.
- And for me one of the most important questions I asked myself is why I wanted to create an ebook. The answer to this will help direct your entire project.
These questions are just a starting point and more will come up as you work on your project. For help there are several places you can turn to and if you have a mentor that is even better.